Hello and welcome again to Equity, a podcast in regards to the enterprise of startups, the place we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
This week, Natasha and Alex and Mary Ann bought along with Chris and Grace to rock our common Friday information roundup. This time, nonetheless, with further zip, as we’re staring down an extended weekend that, let’s be clear, everybody wants.
Regardless, right here’s the present rundown:
- Don’t call us your metamate, friend.
- Startups information of the week: Ro raises even more regardless of earlier reports of turbulence, Airbase partners with Amex, and Deel needs to provide employers a option to fund their payroll in crypto, no matter where their employees are based. As Twitter tells us, they aren’t the primary firm to attempt the crypto wage method.
- The crypto regulatory world is heating up, with information from both India and the United States to chew on. Our learn is that some regulation is nice, however not each loss might be spun as a win. Come for Alex’s sci-fi connection, and keep for Natasha’s boat metaphor.
- We additionally took a take a look at the psychological well being marketplace for folks of colour through the lens of MindFi in the APAC area, and She Matters here in the United States. We had some startup-style questions, however are usually bullish in regards to the firms.
- And we closed with the hashish market of both Germany and the United States. Alex and Natasha are bullish on, nicely, all of it whereas Mary Ann nurses a hemp seed allergy.
Thanks to these of you who tuned into our stay present final week, we’ll be again subsequent week on Hopin and Twitter Spaces so sign up to listen to our OG present with out edits. Anyways, enjoyable present as all the time and only a reminder that we’re off Monday, however again Tuesday. Hugs!